Saturday, August 28, 2010

Let's Start a Winning Game

"Daring ideas are like chessmen moved forward. They may be beaten, but they may start a winning game." Goethe

This semester might been one of the daring-est ideas that I have had so far, even though it is threatening to bring me down, even before it starts.

I thought about having conniptions over the fact that I wasn't sure if I could add a class that I really needed. But then an opening came up and I got it. Then I found out that the class required 23 novels to be read over the course of the semester. 23 novels! For ONE class!

Alas, I can't freak out too much, seeing as it is vital for my graduation plans. Besides, they are young adult fiction, so they can't be too hard to get through, right?

What is really killing me right now is my TA jobs. I love what I do, don't get me wrong, but I have done so much and class has not been in session yet!

18 credits, two jobs, etc, etc.

Shannon made a good point the other day, saying if we had just skipped the past two years, jumping from freshman to where are we are now, we wouldn't be able to handle it. Experience, although hard at the time, is one of the ways we are able to handle our current situations. And one little ray of hope, it only gets harder from here on out.

Lovely.
Something to look forward to.

Although, I am getting to the point where I don't really want to think about the future. I have most of the next year planned out down to the last T crossed and the last I dotted. But there is just so much that could go wrong!

What if my last semester of classes don't fit properly in a cohesive schedule? What if I don't get enough money to go to Norway this next summer? What am I supposed to do when I graduate? What if I don't find a job? Where am I supposed to go for graduate school? What should I study in graduate school? Where do I even start?

It's questions like these that are getting me a little apprehensive/stresssssed on this, the eve before the new semester.

If we take a doomsday approach to things, it's like the beginning of the end, you know?

Or

We can be optimistic like my lovely friend Goethe here and think positively.

THIS year is the start of something wonderful.
THIS year is going to be full of friends, learning and new opportunities.
THIS year I will become a better person than I am today.

I WILL survive.
And stay alive.
With love,
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment