Friday, June 24, 2011

Don't Panic (And yes, that was a reference to Douglas Adams' timeless classic sci-fi series, not my current mental state...)

 
There wasn't any classes today and I failed to correctly set up a time and place to meet up with my fellow study-abroaders, so I just wandered around Oslo for a couple of hours.
Which was great, don't get me wrong. I don't mind being alone.
However, what really made the day a success was finding this little gem, Streetwise (above). Thank heaven for the foresight of intrepid Oslo-ians. They put together this neat little book with the 411 on all sorts of things like places to shop, food, touristy things to do and also some not touristy things to do. And they weren't afraid of talking straight. If something is expensive, they make sure to let you know. It's just a handy little book for all fellow travelers. If you are in the Oslo area, here is the website: http://use-it.unginfo.oslo.no/WP/streetwise/ It's just as helpful as the book I found.
Kind reminds me of something similar...
Oh yes. Don't Panic.
Truer words were never spoken.

No comments:

Post a Comment