Thursday, April 3, 2014

#BooksWithBeddes: The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane by Kate DiCamillo


Title: The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane                              *link goes to my Goodreads review*
Author: Kate DiCamillo
Rating: 4 out of 5 stars

This may be the book nerd in me, but I've always wanted to be part of a book club. I love reading books, but it's even better when you can share books with other people and talk about your thoughts and feelings. It makes me think more deeply about the things I read and helps broaden my literary taste and helps me see things from other people's perspectives. 

Book clubs are tricky, because it seems really daunting to start one, but then again if you don't start one, you have to wait to be invited to one. When I moved to my first official job, somehow (I don't really remember) but somehow I got invited to a book club and I loved it. I got to know more people in the community, I was surrounded by other readers, and we discussed books! Dream come true. 

This is the explanation behind  this book, The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane. It was this month's book club book, and a little different than the ones we've read before. First of all, it's a children's book, I would say 8-10 year old. But it's so good. I love saying that because at first, I was a little skeptical about reading it. Not that I couldn't, just why would I want to? I'm glad to say, this little book changed my mind.

Simply put, it's about a china rabbit who is cold and uncaring. He is separated from his owner and goes on many different kinds of adventures and learns about love along the way. So sweet and so much heart. This would be a lovely bedtime book, to read a chapter each night with a child. Some day, right? 

No comments:

Post a Comment