Friday, March 12, 2010

The Beddes Girls Strike Again...

Me and Denay always have the strangest stories in fast-food drive thrus. I don't know if you remember, but the last time we braved the Carl's Junior drive thru, we almost left without our food. They were so confused.

Haha, well...

This time we went to the Malt Shoppe. We went inside, but there was no one there! So we went through the drive thru. Again, it didn't seem like anyone was there...Until I ventured a pathetic "Hello?"

"Just a minute, please."

"Oh, ok.."

Meanwhile, my nose decides to start to bleed like a punctured artery. Eventually we make our order place through a wad of napkins against my nose. One handed, I pull up to the window. The poor kid didn't know what to do when he came to the window to get my debit card. Imagine, looking into a car with a bloody faced girl and bloody napkins up the wazoo.

"Uh....do you need more napkins?" As he gingerly takes my card.

"Yah, that would be nice."

Oh how embarassing. But such is life. I tend to get bloody noses when it's warm outside. I mentioned this to Denay, and of course, she points out: "What, in this heat wave?! Kiera, I am wearing a coat. It's freezing outside."

"Whatever."

Fortunately, it stopped somewhere in the half hour or so where we were waiting for our food. At least we know the food was fresh, because there clearly wasn't anything in under the warming lamps.

Next adventure?
We don't know yet, but you can be sure that something is bound to happen.

It always does.

No comments:

Post a Comment