Thursday, May 20, 2010

“No matter how busy you may think you are, you must find time for reading, or surrender yourself to self-chosen ignorance."

Delightful day it was today.
The weather was beautiful!
And it was PAYDAY!
I paid rent, got the oil changed. (They left me flowers on my dashboard! I am DEFINITELY going back.)
Tithing.
Car wash!! (so clean and sparkly!)
various banking duties, i am best buds with my credit union now. Going to get a credit card. (GaSp!)
dinner and movie with the sister. so fun. :)
next up: grocery shopping and then WEEKEND.
can't wait, can't wait, can't wait.
oh! explanation for the title.
I have been reading! (ya, i know, big shocker huh?) I relish it. I just finished a book. Scaramouche by Raphael Sabatini. DUMB BOOK! Ok, i really enjoy the author's occasionally delightful turn of phrase but the book wrapped up wayyy too nicely. The protagonist's arch-enemy, the person he vowed to destroy turns out to be his father? What the heck?! Is this some sort of French-Revolutionary-Star-Wars-epic? Apparently so. A little less hero worship and a bit more character development, please. Still, the quotes I get from Sabatini are gold. And it was a fast, fun read. I am pondering starting Moby Dick. It is one of my friend's favoritest books and a classic so I thought that I'd give it a try. Also in the queue is Les Miserables? Maybe, we'll see.
Any lovely book recommendations out there? I have the time, unlike the rest of the year. Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment