Monday, March 14, 2011

Creativity and the Genius Behind It

I first saw this clip about a year ago, when another friend posted it to his blog. I was blown away. I recently just watched it again and it's still so good. It's interesting to really think deeply about the nature of creativity. Because I am completely overwhelmed with thinking about teaching, I see a great correlation between creativity and teaching. Not only my role as a an educator (and a creative one at that) but also the level of creativity that comes with the territory of being a student. Too often students are only required to sit quietly and passively while the teacher relays all the information in the world into their open brains. Learning requires more interaction and involvement, on a similar note, creativity requires more interaction than we typically think. I am getting off on a tangent, but it's interesting regardless.
Let me know what you think about Ms. Gilbert and her thoughts.
They are interesting, no?

No comments:

Post a Comment