Thursday, January 14, 2010

Is This Real Life?!

Sometimes I feel like how the title suggests. This semester is only in its second week and sometimes I wonder if it is really happening like it is. So a couple of my friends just recently got back from their missions. And I knew that they were going to be coming to BYU. And I worried unduly about reacquainting myself with them. Two years is a long time to not be in contact with someone. Well, I wrote them but one sided conversations aren't really fun. Anyways, I worried about what to talk about, what to do (to hug or not, that is the question..), if they even wanted to be friends again in the first place. I tend to worry a lot. Well, the VERY FIRST day of school as I was coming out of work, I ran into one of my friends. One that I worried about. At 7:30 a.m and it was still dark outside. Can you imagine, it just happened like that? Well, it did and we were able to talk and it was completely normal, thank goodness. One down, one more to go. So I emailed this other friend, inviting him to an activity me and my apt is throwing. I added my phone number to the end of the email in case he wanted to call/text.
So.
LAST NIGHT about an hour after I had gone to sleep I got a phone call. I don't know how in the world I heard it or how I was awake enough to say hello, but it was from this other friend! Can you believe it? I couldn't. In the first two weeks of school these things just happened and not in the way I had imagined but somehow they all worked out well. Like, who would have thought?Stuff like this only happens in convenient movies. I am used to having to work (and worry) a lot harder before things happen. Ha, so I am enjoying the relative laissez faire nature of my social life right now. I hope this continues. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment