Friday, December 4, 2009

"Happy is what happens...

...when all your dreams come true."
This line from Wicked has been in my head all week. I got to see the show this summer in San Francisco, which you have all heard about. I couldn't shut up about it. Anyways...I don't really agree with it. If you wait until all of your dreams have come true, then you have missed out on living. Happiness is found in the process of fulfilling your dreams, not the end result. That is something I have to constantly remind myself. I am always planning, scheduling, but if I don't step back and enjoy what is happening right now, it will be gone before I know it and I won't have any memories to look back on. I am scared of not living my life in the best possible manner, of not being of the most use to people and not loving everyone as deeply as I should. This may seem to be coming from out of the blue, but some things have happened this week that have made me think about how short life is. A friend's little sister passed away in an awful car accident this week. And this December is the year anniversary of my great-grandmother's passing away. I wasn't super close with either of these people. And I know that where they are now is a very happy place. But I empathize so deeply with the people left behind. I keep thinking of how they must feel and how sad it is. People really mourn. And seeing their sadness makes me want to live my life in such a way, and this sounds wierd, but in such a way that people will miss me when I am gone to.
This week has also made me realize just how grateful I am for the gospel. I have seen what deaths have done to people who don't have these truths. There is a hopelessness that is only helped by knowing that one day we will see our loved ones again. And that is another reason to live the best life possible, is so there will be nothing standing in our way when we are reunited with those we love and care about, and those who we have missed so much.
Anyways, I hope I didn't bring anyone down, reading this blog. This is just what has been on my mind lately.
Love ya'll

1 comment:

  1. Haha we both had pretty downer sounding posts, didn't we? I mean, it kinda sounds that way, but it's the opposite of what we both meant. Thanks for sharing this, Kiera. It's nice to know that I'm not the only one hitting a rough patch. I wondered if you knew that girl, that was so sad. Kiera, I love you. I think you're just the best and I love how positive and upbeat you are. Thanks for being such an amazing friend!

    ReplyDelete